Laura S. Amtsbuechler
(PDF of Bio)
Laura S. Amtsbuechler is a Shareholder practicing in the area of liability defense. Ms. Amtsbuechler has both extensive trial experience representing municipalities, individuals and businesses. She is also a trained mediator. She has successfully litigated cases involving employment, civil rights, torts and contracts. Her primary practice is in the area of employment law, and she has represented municipalities throughout the state on a wide variety of employment matters. This experience has given her valuable knowledge and insight into issues faced by both public and private sector employers.
Farmington Hills Office
Phone: (248) 489-4100
Fax: (248) 489-1726
Experience / Expertise
- Employment Litigation
- Employment-related investigations
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Oakland County, 1984-1986
- Extensive trial experience
- University of Detroit, JD 1984
- Albion College, 1981
Professional Activities / Memberships
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
Publications / Presentations
- Co-Presenter on the 2017 ICLE web seminar on Discovery in Employment Law Cases.
- Co-presenter at the 2016 Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority Winter Workshop – "EEOC Claims & Avoiding Hostile Work Environments"
- Co-presenter at the 2014 Risk Management Workshop regarding Policies and Agency Use of Social Media
- Co-presenter at the Michigan Township Association 2014 Legal Institute regarding New Problems in Employment Law
- Co-presenter at the August 3, 2013 Annual MAMA/PCLS Summer Education Conference regarding New Developments in Employment Law – ADA, FMLA and Workers Compensation
- Presenter at the November 3, 2011 Michigan Public Risk Management Association 2011 Fall Educational Program regarding Terminations Due to Budgetary Issues/Position Eliminations.
- Presenter at the March 3, 2011 MMRMA Winter Meeting regarding Downsize/Terminate/Layoff - What to Say
- Presenter at the March 4, 2010 MMRMA Winter Meeting regarding Termination and Effective Discipline
- Co-Presenter - Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority's Winter Meeting at Lansing on March 5, 2009. Topic: Whistleblower's Protection Act Issues
- Presenter - Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys in Petosky on September 30, 2008. Topic: Termination: The Process, the Issues and the Agreement Presenter - Public Corporation Law Section, 2003 Winter Meeting and Summer 2006 Meeting, Employment Retaliation and Related Issues
- Appeared in nationally award-winning training video "Anatomy of a Lawsuit" regarding the litigation process
- Presenter - January 2007 one-day workshop regarding electronic record disclosure and discovery
- Published articles regarding electronic data discovery in litigation
- 2011 - 2017 Designated Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters in the areas of Employment Litigation: Defense, Government/Cities/ Municipalities, General Litigation
- 2010 and 2017- Named Top Lawyer by Hour Magazine and Dbusiness, Southeast Michigan's Journal for Business